Tips on packing for your vacation – Witt’s End
It might be woman’s intuition to always be prepared, but when it comes to packing for vacations, this over preparedness often results in over-stuffed luggage and a stress-inducing dilemma of “what to wear?” Whether your vacation involves you being a beach bum or a city slicker, we at Witt’s End boutique in College Station have mapped out the essentials that every suitcase should have as well as some key ground rules for the packing experience. That way you can invest more time in getting that relaxing vacation and less time sifting through that suitcase of yours.
1. Don’t Procrastinate: Start packing a couple of days in advance and planning out wardrobe requirements for your destination. Nothing is worse than leaving your favorite new dress hanging in the closet by accident, so create a checklist for those must-have items that absolutely cannot be forgotten!
2. Neutral Colors: Though we’d like to argue that almost any color can be styled as a neutral, for your trips stick to the basics. Navy, white, black, and khaki can easily be worn as transitional pieces or styled with pops of color. Add personalization to your outfits by sporting a statement piece of jewelry, a light scarf, or some cool kicks.
3. Dress Up: Every trip has at least one occasion for you to wear your favorite summer frock. Our guide to wearing a vacation dress is quite simple; do not pack something that will need to be steamed or hung. A simple cotton dress can be styled up or worn casually, which is just perfect for that relaxing vacation. Insider’s Tip: Our College Station boutique is currently packed with the best summer dresses!
Looking to pick up some key staples for that upcoming vacation? If you’re in the Bryan/College Station area pop in to the Witt’s End women’s boutique and check out what we’ve got. Not in the area? That’s okay! Check out our Facebook and give us a ring, we can ship items directly to your doorstep. From beachside to cityscapes, we’ll keep you looking plenty chic.
Our favorite beach vacation necessities:
• Three cotton camisoles for layering
• Cardigan or hoodie
• Zip-up jacket and lounge pants
• White jeans
• A pair of Bermuda shorts
• Long dress for dinners; short jersey day dress
• Swimsuit and sarong (or an oversize men’s white shirt to be worn as a cover-up)
• Straw hat (you might find one at a local market) or canvas fisherman’s hat
• Flip-flops, wedge sandals, and sneakers
• Straw beach bag for day, small purse for night
• A scarf to use around neck or as a head wrap or belt